You will agree with me that kids are generally playful. Especially when they reach adolescence, their bodies become more active, thus producing more sweat and unpleasant smell/body odor. They, therefore, need to get rid or prevent the bad odor, and aside from regular bathing, using deodorant is your option.
There are numerous kinds of deodorants out in the market, but your kids definitely deserve the best.
Here are some of those that you might want to try out but first, the information below might be worth your time.
THE TOP 11 DEODORANT FOR KIDS
1. Kopari Aluminum -Free Deodorant
This is an aluminum-free and baking soda free unisex coconut oil deodorant. It is indeed a non-toxic deodorant since it is made of natural ingredients. Also, it is free from parabens, gluten, and Cruelty. It has bacteria inhibiting capabilities. These bacteria that result in lousy odor are denied a chance to thrive.
The Kopari coconut oil deodorant smells just like coconut but in a tropical, fresh laundry way. The deodorant is 100% pure and is never sticky. Some deodorant may smell weird or different in different fabrics, but that is not the case in Kopari coconut oil deodorant. The deodorant is ever efficient keeping your kids fresh and moisturized, therefore, giving them the confidence they deserve out there.
- It leaves no white, sticky residue Made with coconut water and naturally antimicrobial and anti-bacterial coconut oil
- Lacks aluminum, Baking soda, parabens, Silicones, or GMOs
- Contains alcohol and synthetic fragrance
- May take up to one month to be effective
2.Certified Organic Kids Deodorant Stick
This is a double pack of unscented and unisex deodorants. It doesn’t have harmful ingredients and dangerous antiperspirants. Instead, it is comprised of healthy ingredients such as coconut oil, Aluminum-free baking soda, and arrowroot shea butter. It does not include elements such as aluminum, propylene glycol, and sodium lauryl sulfate, which may tamper with the kid`s delicate skin. Without reapplication, the Certified Organic Kids Deodorant Stick can last the entire day, and it is, therefore, suitable for your kid.
- It is chemical free
- Long lasting
- Leaves no visible residue after application.
- It is rapidly absorbed by the body, and it dries quickly as well.
- Does not irritate or dry the skin
- Must warm the stick with body heat to avoid crumbling before applying it
3.Tom`s of Maine Wicked Cool Deodorant for Boys Freestyle
This is a unisex deodorant with organic ingredients such as vegetable oils, sunflower seeds, and citrus fruits that fight odor and ensure smooth skin. It is clinically proven and certified for odor protection.
It contains no man-made fragrances or preservatives or animal ingredients. Many users have felt satisfied and have forwarded no complaints concerning the product. It is; therefore, a perfect choice, and it is worth a try.
- It can be used by both boys and girls
- No chemicals
- Its cost is pocket-friendly
- Provides a cool sensation
- Easy to apply
- Protection may not last all day.
4.Good for you Girls Aluminum Free Natural Deodorant
Keep odor away with the 2 pack Good For You Girls Aluminum Free Natural deodorant for girls. It is made up of several friendly plant-based ingredients such as Aqua, Camellia sinensis extract, Arnica Montana flower extract, and hydroxyethylcellulose, among others. The deodorant contains a unique formula that breaks down odor into compounds. It has a fresh, honeydew scent. It is applied to clean and dry underarms after showering or taking a bath.
- It contains a trusted formula. It contains skin-friendly natural ingredients
- Long lasting protection
- It does not leave any marks or stains on clothes
- Suitable for all skin types
- It contains plenty of essential oils which may trigger an allergic reaction
5.Schmidt`s Fragrance-Free Deodorant
Schmidt`s award-winning formulas assist in neutralizing the odor and keeping the skin fresh. It is a perfect deodorant in case your child battles with sweat or has sensitive skin. Made up of arrowroot powder and baking soda, it is one of the few natural deodorants which gets rid of sweat and bad odor rapidly. The Schmidt`s Fragrance-Free deodorant is a plant-based deodorant with a smooth paste. It is also long lasting, and it properly eliminates body odor.
- No artificial fragrance
- Gentle and safe on sensitive skin
- It is cheap to purchase
- Non-sticky and non-greasy feel
- Safe on sensitive skin
- Its effect may not last all-day
6.TRULY`S ORGANIC DEODORANT
You no longer have to search for another deodorant. This is all you need. Truly`s Organic Deodorant.it keeps the skin fresh without dangerous chemicals. It is one of the best natural deodorants for axillary hyperhidrosis. Since it contains ingredients such as powdered sugar, coconut oil, and bees` wax, it is entirely organic. In comparison with many other natural deodorants, Truly`s Organic Deodorant is less sticky and less gummy.
- It is completely organic
- By creating hyper-osmosis, it is proven to prevent bacteria growth
- It comes along with a money-back guarantee
- It is non-staining and non-stinging.
- It is only available as a paste.
7.Crystal Mineral Stick, Unscented
Free of aluminum chloride, parabens, and zirconium, this is a valuable deodorant for your kids. Also, it has no chemicals or ingredients that may block the pores and cause health problems.
- Protection lasts up to 24 hours
- It is composed of natural ingredients
- Clinically tested and proven to be fit for use.
- No fragrance Leaves no stains on clothing.
- It stings in case you apply directly after shaving armpits.
8.Organic Island Probiotic
This deodorant contains skin-friendly ingredients obtained from nature, including wildcrafted candelilla wax, organic corn starch, and organic jojoba oil. It provides the feel your kids deserve and is an excellent choice for expectant women as well.
Also, it quickly moisturizes the skin, and it is, therefore, suitable for kids who get razor burns quickly in case you feel that it has not served you the way it should, there is a full money back guarantee.
- Offers 1-2 days protection
- No fragrance
- Soothes the skin due to coconut oil
- Lacks aluminum and BPA
- It is thick and therefore, problematic to apply.
- It is therefore advisable to warm it before applying it.
- Some people may be allergic.
- They may develop rashes after repeated use.
9.Love Myself Forever Organic Deodorant
This is a fully compatible deodorant for all ages and genders. Love Myself Organic Deodorant is aluminum-free and antiperspirant free. Its antioxidant and antiseptic properties make it the top-selling deodorant.
This is the deodorant for your youngsters that will keep them looking good, feeling good and smelling good all day! With the essential scents, it ensures body optimization and keeps the body fresh. Just like many other deodorants, Love Myself Forever is an entirely organic deodorant that is currently available in a couple of different flavors. The Naked version (containing no scent) is also available. Love Myself Forever Deodorant is made of baking soda, coconut oil, and several essential oils.
- Made up of natural ingredients. It is therefore perfect for your kids’ skin
- It comes along with different flavors to choose from
- Offers protection for up to 24 hours
- Lacks any synthetic ingredients or any allergy-causing ingredients
- May fail to meet the 24-hour protection.
10.Right Guard Best Dressed Antiperspirant Deodorant
The deodorant comes along with a blend of marine notes and citrus for unbeatable. Also, the deodorant is designed to block sweat and preventing stains on clothing. This is the deodorant that will keep your kids dry and brave. Also, the Right Guard Dressed Antiperspirant deodorant contains a scent that gives the confidence the youngsters need. The deodorant is applied on underarms only.
- Long-lasting fragrance of up to 4 days
- Range of unique and fresh scents to choose from
- Protects against yellow stains or marks on fabric
- Difficult to apply evenly
- It is flaky
- May show up on your clothes
11. 808 Dude Natural Deodorant
Just as the name suggests, this is the perfect skincare expert and the ideal deodorant for boys. It is completely cruelty-free. Also, it contains natural and organic ingredients, including Aloe Vera and Manuka Honey. 808 Dude organic deodorant is made in Australia, and it has antifungal properties that help kill the bacteria causing bad odor. It is applied to clean, dry underarm. The area should be clean for best results.
- Dries off quickly
- Does not stick
- May cause irritation on application.
Things to Consider when Choosing Deodorant for Your Kids
The deodorant should be in roll-on or in cream format. It should also be free from perfume and alcohol. It is also recommended that you choose a deodorant that can be used in children from eight years of age.
What to look for when choosing a Kids Deodorant
A kid`s deodorant formula should be free of any antiperspirant, perfumes or alcohol. The antiperspirants minimize the amount of sweat by forcing the sweat glands to produce minimal sweat, which may lead to health problems.
What Age Should a Child Start to Use a Deodorant?
Typically, the distinct odor starts to be produced during the teenage years. Therefore, there is no exact age when the child should be allowed to use deodorant since different children set off puberty at different times. Boys begin their puberty between 9-14 years while girls begin from 8-13 years.
However, it is normal for a boy or a girl to start using deodorants from as early as 8 to 10 years of age. Puberty is the time the children should begin using the deodorant since their bodies are more active; therefore, more sweat, as well as bad odor, is produced. It is safe for kids older than 12 years to use aerosol deodorant.
Is it Safe for Kids to Use Deodorants?
It depends on the ingredients and chemicals on the deodorant as well as the sensitivity of your child’s skin. Your children may be allergic or sensitive to the deodorant. It is therefore advisable to check the labels carefully and if possible, consult a doctor for the best deodorant for your child.
WHY DO CHILDREN NEED DEODORANT?
This is because on reaching puberty, the sweat glands become active, and they start producing bad smell. They should use the deodorant to avoid lousy odor by killing the bacteria. Deodorants also minimize the rate of producing sweat, which reduces the wetness that enables the bacteria to thrive.
INGREDIENTS TO AVOID OR TO LOOK FOR
The chemical combinations, the formulas, and ingredients are what determine how the deodorant will react on the skin. Below are substances that you may prefer or avoid when looking for your kids deodorant.
INGREDIENTS TO AVOID
- Aluminum compounds (Aluminium Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex Gly, Aluminium chloralhydrate)
- Parabens (Methyl, ethyl, propyl, benzyl, butyl)
- Propylene Glycol
INGREDIENTS TO LOOK FOR
- Look for 100 % naturally obtained ingredients
- Check for Natural active ingredients that protect against underarm odor
- Choose those that are Aluminum-free
- Avoid commonly used synthetic chemicals
- Check for beneficial substituents such as aloe or shea butter
- Be aware of deodorant that stains
- Choose those containing baking soda in case your child has sensitive skin.
What Causes Body Odor
In conclusion, there are a variety of deodorant out there with a wide range of ingredients, and it could be a bit tricky to get the best children’s deodorant. It is therefore advisable to try the above deodorant which will undoubtedly improve your kid`s smell. Also, kids with skin allergies are advised to make an appointment with a physician to avoid skin damage.
Although some deodorants may result in irritation and other minor side effects, it is recommended that you visit a doctor before switching deodorants or allowing your children to use them. Also, customer satisfaction is achieved once you weigh your kids taste against the above deodorants.
If possible, it is better to ask them their favorite types of deodorant since, just like clothes, deodorant is one of those rather personal choices. Obtaining the best will ultimately uplift your child`s confidence.