Bath time can be fun and dramatic but essentially, it’s time for your little one to get clean. A gentle but durable baby washcloth will make drying comfortable for your baby and easy for you.
Apart from bath-time, the best baby washcloths can also be used for other purposes including:
- Teether – moisten and freeze to use as a soothing teether to chew on.
- Mealtime cleaner – use it to wipe down messes during meals.
- Diaper change – comes in handy when a simple diaper change becomes messy.
Use this list of top washcloths for babies and choose the best for your little one.
Our Top Picks – Top 15 Best Baby Washcloths
- JJ Cole 2-Piece Hooded Towel And Washcloth Set
- Luvable Friends Washcloth Pack
- Natural Muslin Baby Washcloths
- Spasilk Hooded Towel And Washcloths Set
- Burt Bees Baby Washcloth Set
- Matimati Bamboo Baby Washcloth Set
- Aden + Anais Washcloth Pack
- JJ Cole Washcloth and Bath Mitt Set
- Luvable Friends Washcloths With Toy
- Motherhood collection Soft Baby Washcloth Pack
- Le Petit Bamboo Baby Washcloths
- Spasilk Soft Terry Washcloths
- Pure Cotton baby Muslin Washcloths
- Premium Hooded Baby Towel And Washcloth Set
- Bamboo Baby Washcloths
Related Article: The Best Baby Towels for Your Little Bundle of Joy
Why Should I Get Washcloths For My Baby?
It’s possible you already have a good supply of nice and soft washcloths in your house. You might be wondering why you need to add to your already vast collection when your baby arrives. One important thing to keep in mind is babies tend to have sensitive skins and regular washcloths might be too rough for them. Investing in the best baby washcloths available might be one of the best decisions you make for your child.
Babies shouldn’t be scrubbed, they should be washed with gentle strokes from a soft washcloth that will be forgiving on their skin.
Things To Consider When Choosing The Best Baby Washcloths
Before you go out shopping for best baby washcloths and towels, take some time out to consider the following factors.
Your baby has really nice smooth skin and you don’t want to introduce something that will irritate it. Some washcloths are made of pure bamboo and others are made of cotton.
- Bamboo washcloths are best for your baby if they have super sensitive skin. The hypoallergenic quality is to thank for this. Bamboo is also eco-friendly, antibacterial and becomes softer with each wash.
- Cotton washcloths are very soft. The most popular for washcloths are Turkish and Egyptian cotton. They are very durable.
Choose a fabric you can wash many times without pilling. This can turn the softest fabric on best baby washcloths and towel rough. Tightly knit materials won’t pile as easily as loose or short fabric.
Washcloths come in varied sizes. Choose a size that will be comfortable to hold and make bath-time easy for you and your baby. A 10” x 10” is a great choice as there is enough room to hold.
In the machine always check to make sure the washcloths you buy are machine washable. Also, use special baby detergent to wash best baby washcloths. This is in case your child is allergic to the stronger chemicals in regular detergent.
How Many Washcloths Do I Need?
There is no fixed perfect number for washcloths. It all depends on you. If you are okay with doing laundry often, you can get a small pack of 3 to 6 washcloths. If you would like to cut down how often laundry time comes around, get you a pack of 12 or more washcloths.
You can hang them in the bathroom to dry but there is a great chance it won’t be dry enough to use for the next bath. Although you can reuse washcloths, it’s better not to since they get quite dirty.
Our Review of the Best Baby Washcloths
Now let’s get into the juice for today. We have scoured a good list of products and reviews to bring you the best options there are. Here is a review of the best baby washcloths we found with pros and cons.
1. JJ Cole 2-Piece Hooded Towel And Washcloth Set
This valuable set of hooded towel and washcloth is a real bargain. You get two 100% cotton, super absorbable bath-time necessities in one set. The set has a stylish print and different colors you can pick from. They are machine washable to save you the hassle of hand wash.
- Perfect for baby’s sensitive skin.
- Does not produce excessive lint.
- The towel is a bit too thin.
- 30” x 30”, not as big as other available options.
2. Luvable Friends Washcloth Pack
Mothers who love to play with colors and still match their baby’s items will love this pack of 12 washcloths. There is a mix of solid colors and patterns to enjoy in the set. Because there are so many in one pack, you can use some of these washcloths in the room for diaper changes, kitchen for mealtime and bathroom for bath-time. They are machine washable to save time.
- Cuts down how frequently you have to do laundry.
- Very cost friendly.
- Soft and gentle for baby’s sensitive skin.
- They shrink a bit after they are washed.
- There is a gentler side on every washcloth, be careful to use just that.
3. Natural Muslin Baby Washcloths
If you have really sensitive skin and worry your baby might too, this is one of the best washcloths for baby available. This set of five washcloths is free of decolourizers and formaldehyde. At 12” x 12”, they are bigger than regular washcloth size and great for handling. You can repurpose them in the house after your baby is grown.
- They are thick with six layers of fabric.
- Perfect for babies with eczema.
- They are said to be machine washable, but hand washing will ensure they will last longer.
- After some washes, they start to produce lots of lint
4. Spasilk Hooded Towel And Washcloths Set
If you are on a super tight budget, this set of two towels and two washcloths is a perfect pick. The fabric is quite light and you might feel better about getting them dirty. They are made from a blend of 20% polyester and 80% cotton. The towels have cute hoods to secure your baby’s head from the cold after a bath. They are soft but durable and hold up with repeated washes.
- You get a matching towel and washcloths.
- Super affordable.
- Thin and easy to wrap your baby.
- 30” x 26”, the size is smaller than other options.
- Because they are thin, they soak up fast.
5. Burt Bees Baby Washcloth Set
If you prefer organic products for your baby, you will love this set of 100% cotton washcloths. They are very soft and come in soothing natural colors. The pack of three is perfect for a gift and their sizes are also excellent for handling.
- Looks high quality
- 100% cotton makes it super soft.
- The edges tend to bunch up after they are washed and makes them difficult to fold.
6. Matimati Bamboo Baby Washcloth Set
This set of six washcloths is made from pure bamboo. This makes them hypoallergenic, eco-friendly and also very durable. The material is very soft and will suit a baby’s sensitive skin while the anti-bacterial qualities is a bonus. The washcloths are 10” x 10” making them the perfect size for handling.
- Perfect size.
- Highly rated by many childcare gurus.
- Priced on the high side.
- Only available in two colors.
7. Aden + Anais Washcloth Pack
This set of three washcloths are made from 100% cotton muslin. They are 12” x 12” in size and have an already attached loop for easier drying. They get softer after every wash and come in the most adorable designs and patterns. Parents can repurpose them as burp clothes and little security blankets.
- Made with four layers of muslin.
- Soft and durable.
- Loops make drying easier.
- Price is on the high side.
- Some parents don’t like big washcloths.
8. JJ Cole Washcloth and Bath Mitt Set
This set features 1 bath mitt and 2 washcloths. They come is beautiful colors and are a standard 9” x 9”. The bath mitt is perfect for washing your baby’s hair without getting soap in their eyes and also for soft cleaning. These 100% cotton washcloths are soft and can be paired with matching hooded towels from JJ Cole.
- The brand is available in many stores and even online.
- Has a matching bath mitt.
- The colors at the edges fades after several washes.
9. Luvable Friends Washcloths With Toy
If you plan to clean up very often, this is the best baby washcloth set for you. The pack of 12 has washcloths in different resonant colors and you can choose between two distinct styles. It is made for cotton and soft enough for baby’s skin.
- Machine washable.
- Very soft for baby’s sensitive skin.
- Comes with a toy for bath-time fun.
- Nicely packaged and will work as a gift.
- Very absorbable.
- Thinner than other options.
- Smaller than other available options.
10. Motherhood collection Soft Baby Washcloth Pack
If your first and most important priority for a washcloth is gentleness, this is the option you should go for. The Motherhood Collection brand is particularly popular for being super gentle on babies. If you don’t want to worry about hurting your baby during batch-time, this set of six 10” x 10 washcloths is your best bet.
- Made with 100% organic bamboo.
- Super soft.
- 100% free from chemicals.
- Easy to wash with.
- Hypoallergenic and Absorbent.
- Only 6 washcloths in a pack.
11. Le Petit Bamboo Baby Washcloths
This set of 6 washcloths is made from 100% bamboo. This means it is hypoallergenic and great for babies with extra sensitive skin. It comes in soft natural colors and very soft to touch. If you care about the environment, this is an eco-friendly option that can be repurposed even after the baby is grown.
- The best for babies with eczema or extra sensitive skin.
- Large size of 10” x 10”.
- Perfect thickness for different uses.
- There are only six in the pack.
12. Spasilk Soft Terry Washcloths
This set of washcloths is popular for being practical and long-lasting. Made from 20% polyester and 80% cotton, this set of 10 best baby washcloths is soft and nice. With a size of 9” x 9”, it is also easy to handle. Washcloths in the pack come in beautiful designs. Because they are so many in the pack, parents don’t have to do laundry as often. There are matching hooded towels you can buy with this set too.
- Great if you are on a budget.
- Varied colors and designs to choose from.
- Are a little thin and fragile.
- Colors begin to fade after many washes.
13. Pure Cotton Baby Muslin Washcloths
This set of 6 washcloths is made from 100% cotton. It is really soft and the washcloths have pretty colors and patterns for matching with other bath-time necessities. It is a good 12” x 12” making it great for handling during a bath.
- Made from 100% cotton.
- The pack is budget friendly.
- Very durable and versatile.
- Good size.
- Solid colors and patterns available.
- Only 6 in a set.
14. Premium Hooded Baby Towel And Washcloth Set
This 100% organic bamboo set is ideal for mothers who want natural products. The towel is a good size of 40” x 28” making it a good size to use until your baby is grown. It is hypoallergenic and very soft to touch which means it is ideal for babies with particularly sensitive skin.
- The big size is suitable for toddlers too.
- Less risk of smell or mildew because it dries up very quickly.
- Made from 100% bamboo.
- Towel has a cute hood with ears.
- Some loose strands appear after machine wash.
- Snags easily on different materials.
15. Bamboo Baby Washcloths
This set of 6 organic washcloths is made from 100% bamboo. This makes it antibacterial and hypoallergenic. They are a good size of 10” x 10” and easy to handle during bath-time.
- Holds water and soap well.
- Still soft when dry and can be used to wipe the baby.
- 100% biodegradable.
- Unraveling is not so easy.
- Thick and soft so might take a longer time to dry.
How to Dry a Baby after a Bath
You don’t have to get stressed up over finding the best washcloths for your little one. With a little homework and some help from this comprehensive review, you will easily be able to make a perfect choice. We know there are many options to pick from, but you can find the best baby washcloths when you consider your priorities.